Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Tuesday 15 April 2014

Belly dancing


I recently started belly dancing classes.

Haha...who'd a guessed I'm so unco-ordinated?!

The sheer joy, camaraderie and happiness that emanates from the class is quite exhilarating. It, of course, boils down to the enthusiasm and zest of the teacher. You can see that she absolutely loves what she does. She constantly cheers us on whether we are doing well or not. Makes us feel good.

We have one wall that is mirrored and she coaxes and encourages us to watch ourselves and the movements we make. How many of us love staring at ourselves in the mirror? Haha...I don't but it is making me look at myself, warts and all! I am finding myself slowly accepting this, much of it being due to the shower of boosting words "you're all doing so well" " amazing how quickly you pick up things", etc. Gives me a good feeling inside, don't know about the others. Surprisingly, or not, it is this acceptance of me by her, that is allowing me to accept me. Reflections, eh?



Yeeks! Just got distracted by my cat trying to take a dump and then stalk a fly that had come to investigate the smell.

I'm sitting in the garden making the most of the sunshine, although I'm wrapped up against the cold.

It's lovely this time of year. After a long, bare, dark winter, I can see the garden starting to wake up. One moment all is dead looking and the next lush and green, flowers blooming everywhere. Always makes the winters worthwhile, although it doesn't always feel that way in the midst of it.

I love the definite seasons we experience here. You can always tell what time of year it is. It would of, course, be nice if the winters were much shorter, then I wouldn't mind the dark gloomy time which seems to stretch out forever.

Oh dear, when the sun disappears behind a cloud, it really is cold!



Anyways, back to belly dancing. After weeks of trying it out, watching the others wear their shimmering clothes, looking so incredibly and fantastically feminine, I decided to plunge in and bought my first bit of gear - a belt with which to shimmy.

Reminds me very much of my very creative childhood. Piano lessons, art classes, singing, ballet, Spanish and contemporary dancing, and taking part in many, many concerts - meaning lots of make-up and dressing up which I loved...and then sort of mislaid somewhere along the line in becoming a responsible adult.

My creative side wants out and I'm gonna let her have it. If it means doing this temporarily or for a length of time, so be it. I am determined to follow wherever the creative impetus takes me...and have fun while I'm doing so.




No comments: