Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Sunday 10 May 2015

Scenic World in the Blue Mountains



Skyway

I unintentionally seem to have conquerred my fear of heights.

For someone with this kind of phobia, Scenic World is not a place to be, but we headed there last week, not thinking further than it being something to experience.




Once confronted with it all, I had to suck it up and get on with it.

Firstly, there is the steepest incline railway in the world - it has an incline of 52 degrees. I was game to give it a try but most of the way I covered my eyes, except for the bits where I had to hang on with both hands or slide forward in my seat.

There are no photos of the actual ride as Greg had to hang on too.

The train in the station

The railway line





A walk around the rainforest viewing the sculptures was very interesting and a good way to relieve the slight anxiety I'd felt on the way down. Once we'd done the walk we headed for the Cableway to go back up to the top.





The cable car is huge and GLASS walls all the way around. I clung to the handrail, not moving an inch whilst everyone else was walking around oohing and aahing, taking pictures.



The falls from the skywalk

After lunch we headed to the Skyway which is another all glass cable car that moves between two cliff tops giving views out over the valley and of the waterfall. On the way there I stood back against the middle wall allowing people in front of me so that I could not see too much. On the way back I decided to stand on the raised middle section, which I thought would make me feel a bit more secure. When the car moved I glanced down and realised that that section had a GLASS floor.

Time to shut my eyes again.

This was last week.

And since then I've been walking on mountain/rock edges not noticing that I wasn't giving myself any grief.

Hey, what happened there? Was my fear all in my head/imagination? Where did it go?

I've now come to the conclusion that I don't really have a fear of heights, but simply a fear that for me translated into a phobia about being high up.

Life is full of surprises these days.

All in all, despite my anxious day, Scenic World was a good place to be, so I highly recommend it.